Fashion

Monday, October 4, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAYBELLINE FALSIES MASCARA IN BLACK

Here's an initial review on MAYBELLINE THE FALSIES MASCARA IN BLACK

PRICE: AROUND $10- $15 EA. (BOUGHT A PACK OF TWO WITH FREE EYELINER KOHL FOR $16- $18)
PLACE BOUGHT: DUTY FREE, PHILIPPINES
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAYBELLINE COUNTERS ABROAD; DUTY FREE PHILIPPINES (UNAVAILABLE IN OUR LOCAL MAYBELLINE COUNTERS)

THE VERDICT:

I've always mused about my love for Maybelline's mascaras. They're cheap, yet they're the best mascaras in the whole wide world. Maybelline is still the mascara brand to beat. Why pay for an outrageously priced mascara tube if you can get the same quality at a cheaper price?

Maybelline has finally embraced their wonder product and has come up with 20+ mascara variants for every eyelash need. Every time I visit Duty Free, I make it a point to drop by the Maybelline counter because it has all of the unavailable mascaras in our local Maybelline counters.

I am in love with their The Colossal because I love how it gives me Snufflelufugus lashes sans the unnatural look. But during my recent trip to DF, this funky violet tube just caught my eye.

And if you think that The Colossal is the volumizing mascara to beat, The Falsies will definitely change the way you look at volumizing mascaras again.

Just when you think that "falsies- looking" lashes are only achievable by using false eyelashes, Maybelline has finally made every girls with sparse eyelashes come true. Falsies mascara was made to achieve that "false eyelashes" look sans the glue, and the heavy and unnatural look and feel of false eyelashes.

Let's now review the product. I love the violet tube. It's funky, and it makes it easy to spot in my stash or make- up kits.

Let's now review the wand.

The brush is flat, and kinda' curved. This kind of style makes it easier to apply mascara because the wand follows the natural curve and arch of your eyelashes. However, I do not know the reason why there's a dent at the brush holder located at just half an inch away from the brush.

Maybelline's mascaras can be quite tricky to apply at first. The consistency of Maybelline's mascaras are semi- whipped, and sometimes, wet, which makes the product hardly cling on your lashes. But after several uses, the mascara starts to whip up some more, and applying becomes a breeze.

I've had some tough love with all the Maybelline mascaras I've owned, including this one. At first trial, my lashes looked like a spider's legs, so I didn't use the pictures for reviewing. It would be unfair for the product to be judged after only one or two usages. So I've road- tested this mascara for 2 weeks. And this is indeed, another great mascara innovation by Maybelline.

Here are pictures of me wearing the mascara. Each picture shows how many coats I've put on my lashes.

My eyelashes curled, but without mascara.

One coat

Three coats

For doll eyes: APPLY 5 COATS! :)

Falsies in an instant, sans the glue! I love this mascara! And I'm looking forward to buying a tube again. :)

**How does it compare to the Colossal?
- There's little to no difference at all. But in my observation, The Colossal is good for you if you want fuller, thicker, and softer lashes. If you want extreme volume, ala- falsies, then you should get Falsies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion