Fashion

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SEPHORA MATTIFYING COMPACT POWDER IN COGNAC ROSE

Here's an initial review on SEPHORA MATTIFYING COMPACT POWDER IN R40 COOL COGNAC

PRICE: 30SGD
PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA, ION MALL, SINGAPORE
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE AND OTHER BRANCHES

SEPHORA DESCRIPTION:

A silky, lightweight, shine-reducing pressed powder.

What it is formulated to do:
Smooth and feather light, this pressed powder glides easily over bare skin or foundation, leaving a natural yet flawless appearance. The unique formulation includes finely milled talc and corn starch, for superb shine reduction, and Nylon 12, for excellent adherence and long wear. Plus it contains fruit and Jojoba oils, which softens skin by preventing essential cellular water loss.

What else you need to know:
The "R" and the "D" in the shade name reflects Sephora's French background. The "R" stands for RoseƩ (pink) and is for those with cool undertones. The "D" stands for DoreƩ (gold) and is for those with warm or yellow undertones.

THE VERDICT:

This is actually mom's powder. However, she found it too dark though I think it's her match. She has this fondness for powders that are a shade lighter than her skin tone. It's weird but, we have our own preference. :)

So she told me that I can have it.

The first time I applied this on my face, I found it a tad darker than my skin tone. It's like an NC43. So there's no way for this to be used neither by mom or me. I saw this lying around the dresser so I decided to experiment with it. I'm running out of setting powders and I don't have the budget for a MAC Blot for now so I decided to settle for this one.

Cognac rose is a medium dark shade with pink undertones. I try my best to always apply this lightly because the pink hue might be too obvious if I apply this heavily, making me look dark or burned.

Here's my face after 4 hours. It's kinda' moist due to sweat but my oilies are still kept at bay.
Overall, I like this because it kept my face matte for long in the same way my MAC Blot powder would.  And it's cheaper than my MAC Blot!

However, this is not available locally so if you have relatives who are abroad, make sure you ask them to get you this color. But, the only risk is, you might get the wrong shade because you won't be able to gauge your shade match accurately.

I also like the fact that I could use this for a long time because I would have to use this sparingly to set my foundation!

Next time, I'd get the D colors, which are made for warm and yellow undertones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion