Fashion

Saturday, February 6, 2010

THIS WEEK'S HAUL+PASALUBONGS FROM JAPAN

Hello darlings! I'm so sorry for the lack of posts. I was literally in a state of hell last week. I had exams for the whole week, tough choreography for the play and doubling my effort in working out my character.

Anyhoo, I've had tons of hauls for last week. I wasn't able to include some of my pasalubongs from Japan here but here's are some of my hauls from Japan, courtesy of my mummy.

The first picture is me wearing an authentic kimono from Japan. This costed mom at around 2k. This will come handy in my profession. :)

FINALLY! This is my most favorite haul. These are Kabuki theatre masks. Each costs roughly at around 4k each and this is my ninang's gift to me. :) Ooooh! I'm soo happy! Though I've wished for Noh masks. But heck, these two will do! :)

Each mask symbolizes a character. FYI, masks are very important costume pieces in the theatre, especially to the Japanese. Prior to their performance they stare at their faces in the mirror with their masks on for hours because they believe that the spirit of the character portrayed by the mask will possess them which will enable them to deliver an excellent portrayal and performance. It's not just entertainment, it's discipline. That's what made me love theatre so much: the discipline it teaches its students are remarkable.

HAH! I'M HAPPY! CAN'T YOU SEE??? LOL...

And here's mom's cute pasalubong, a pretty minnie mouse make up kit from tokyo disneyland. :)

And here are my Folded and Hung Hauls. The white polo shirt is for moi, plus the pinstriped bow tie which I will use for my Theatre performance. And the plain gray shirt is my surprise gift for hubby and I's 31st monthsary together. :)


Piyao bracelet for money and business, and some wallet charms. Talk about trying to get all the luck I can get. :)


DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY NEWLY- OPENED STORE! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion