Fashion

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SEPHORA MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION IN TAN

Here's an initial review on SEPHORA MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION IN TAN


PRICE: 30- 40SGD

PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA, ION MALL, SINGAPORE

OTHER LOCATIONS: ALL SEPHORA OUTLETS; SEPHORA ONLINE


THE VERDICT:


I've had this powder for a looong time so finally, here's what I have to say.


Sephora Mineral logo


I love Sephora's powders. They're cheap yet very good for a store brand.


Let's first look at the packaging, It's fatter than MAC's Studio Fix. But I like that it has a separate compartment for the powder puff.


Here are pictures of the two sides of the powder puff.


The black part is used for heavy coverage. It's made of latex.


The white part is used for light coverage. It's made of a foam- like material.

The thing I like about this powder is, there's no need to wet the sponge so you can get a heavy coverage when needed, which is the case for my Prestige Wet/Dry powder foundation. I don't like it when I have to apply my foundation wet because my face itches, no matter what brand I'm using. And besides, the foundation, apart from literally looking thick, feels really thick.


Here's the foundation applied with the sponge intended for light coverage. It looks very natural and not cakey at all.


Another plus, this is from the Mineral Cosmetics line of Sephora. It's paraben- free, so you don't have to worry about harsh chemicals touching your skin. It's also unscented so you don't have to worry about perfume clogging your pores.

However, this is unavailable locally so you'd really have to ask your friends or relatives who live in the USA, Singapore, China, etc. so you could purchase one. And the downside of that is, you might end up buying the wrong shade. You can actually purchase through pre- ordering pools but, be ready to pay for the miscellaneous costs.


Will I buy this again? Yes, if I could find someone who'll go to a country where there's a Sephora store. And no, because I wouldn't pay too much for this one through pre- ordering pools. If the cost of this through pre- ordering will reach or almost reach the price of MAC Studio Fix, I'd just buy my HG MAC Studio Fix again. At least I don't have to wait for months, and I wouldn't worry about the powder getting cracked while in transit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion