Fashion

Friday, December 11, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC STUDIO SCULPT CONCEALER IN NC35

Here’s an initial review on MAC STUDIO SCULPT CONCEALER IN NC35

 PRICE: 950PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, GLORIETTA

OTHER LOCATIONS: MARIONNAUD, MALL OF ASIA; POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL, RUSTANS AT SHANGRI-LA MALL, ORTIGAS  

THE VERDICT:

The SS Concealer is part of the HD Line of MAC. It promises great yet invisible coverage.

I’ve been lemming for this for quite sometime now so I decided to purchase this yesterday. I was eyeing for an NC30 but decided to get NC35 since NC30 may appear too light for me. At least, NC35 is two shades lighter than my skin tone. I was inclined to getting NW30 but I need something with a yellow undertone to conceal the dark circles more. 

So let’s go to the packaging. It comes in a hefty jar that has a bit of weight due to the thick glass base. But you’ll get a run for your money because the quantity is quite big so I guess this’ll last me for years like my Studio Finish Concealer. 

The concealer is very creamy in terms of texture. It’s a gel- based concealer. It’s texture is softer as compared to the Studio Finish. It glides on smoothly and it blends like a dream so you don’t have to worry about tugging your under eye skin during blending. 

Check out my horrible dark undereye circles. 


Here it is now after applying the SS Concealer.

In terms of coverage, it did cover my dark circles without looking too cakey. Note that I applied three swipes because my dark circles are really horrible. I’m glad that it did a good job in naturally concealing my dark circles.

It did last throughout the day without caking or streaking. Just set with powder to seal the concealer. 


Will I buy this again? Maybe not. IMO, it’s almost at par with the Studio Finish, which is cheaper than this one. I’m still embarking on another search for my HG concealer but as far as I’m concerned, I will finish this pot first. I’ve just bought two concealers in a span of 2 weeks so I have to stop. :p

If I’m not able to find my HG concealer, then maybe it’s time to make MAC’s Studio Finish Concealer my HG concealer, which impressed me the first time I used it.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion