Fashion

Sunday, December 13, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OCC MAKEUP LIP TAR (TARRED)

Here's my initial review on OCC COSMETICS LIP TAR IN TARRED

PRICE: 800PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: http://hdmakeup.multiply.com
OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE

OCC MAKEUP SITE DESCRIPTION
A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, OCC Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment, so a little goes a very, very long way. An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, OCC Lip Tars come in concise range of colors (and black and white!) for a limitless selection of shades made by you!

Like all of our products, OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!

THE VERDICT:

I was so excited when i found out on shen's blog that there's someone selling OCC here in the Philippines. And I was more excited when I found out that it's 800php only. I quickly placed an order upon knowing who was reselling OCC and got Tarred, a black colored lipstick/gloss. I've been lemming for this for quite sometime now because I know that black colored lip products will serve me a good purpose in my profession. I was planning to order MAC Black Knight in the States but decided to get this instead.

When I finally saw that it's just in a puny tube, I've realized that 800php is quite pricey for a very small tube. So for consolation, I just thought to myself that finally, I have a black colored lipstick/gloss.

So let's see what the rave is all about. It comes in an easy- squeeze lipgloss tube. OCC described the overall packaging as convenient because of the line "..combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. " But since I find lipglosses too messy, I'd rather have this still, in lipstick form.

Here's a hand swatch of Tarred. It is indeed, a shiny, leather black color. Think Catwoman in her leather jumpsuit. But my only qualm is, it's too wet! One forceful squeezing on the tube can give you TOO MUCH of the product, which can go to waste since you only need a little. Piece of advice, try pressing this while the nozzle is facing upward so you can control the amount that goes out of the tube. That way, even if you accidentally apply hand force on the tube, the excess can pretty much go back inside the hole.

Here's the lurve-ly Tarred on my lips. Great pigmentation eh? I just felt bad because I spilled a lot of the product so I've no choice but to slather everything on my lips. :(

It has a peppermint taste that turns to a chemical-ish taste after sometime. But don't worry, it's not bothersome at all.

The lip tar has great and concentrated pigmentation so the color pay- off is really impressive. However, it dries slowly so you won't be able to enjoy its satin finish unless you let it settle on your lips. Since this is a special color for mixing with the other conventional colors, I find Tarred a bit streaky when applied. This'll work well on top of black or dark colored lippies. This is one of the products that takes some getting used to when applying to be able to make it work. Before I apply this, I shake the tube and apply the product layer by layer. I don't allot time for it to dry because it'll take me forever since it dries slowly. I just make sure that I evenly spread the layers on my lips, then I let it settle and dry before using my lips.

Will I buy this again? Maybe yes. Maybe not. Because I find it too expensive. But I'm inclined to getting Hush because it's such a lovely color. But since I found the tube too puny, I now find the price too prohibitive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion