Fashion

Thursday, June 4, 2009

THE DUPERY: DUPES FOR YOUR FAVE EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS 1

Hey! I'm doing my first ever issue on dupes. I'd like to call this entry (hopefully, for the ff. entries as well) THE DUPERY: DUPES FOR YOUR FAVE PRODUCTS 1.



In this issue, let's look at MAC's Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo. This is probably one of MAC's lovely colors. In my opinion, it's probably one of the best red l/s's around. It glides on as a very vibrant cherry red l/s. And I'm pretty sure it will look good on any skintone. It's a matter of carrying it confidently.



LEFT: THE FACE SHOP'S COLOR CARE MATTE LIPSTICK IN 301
RIGHT: MAC RETRO MATTE LIPSTICK RUBY WOO

Times are getting hard, so we have to save. We have to admit, though MAC and cosmetics makes us happy, at the end of the day, after a haul, we'll somehow realize that we've spent so much on our shopping. Though overall it makes us happy, we still can't let go of the thought that we've spent thousands (again) on our addictions. 


SWATCHES L-R: MAC, TFS


There will always be a good buy. Cheap but with great quality. In a weird way, I'm kinda' applying what one of my mentors have told me in the theatre. "Every thing in this world was already done and created. So if something's created or done and it's able to pass off as something new , it's probably created and done with so much creativity. Perhaps MAC might have produced some of the best l/s's in the world but there will always be inspirations behind their creations and there will always be other brands producing the same things the same way MAC does (but at a cheaper cost). There are so many things left undiscovered in this world (I hope ya get my point hehehe) :) 


Can you tell that which is which? MAC's on the upper lip and TFS is on the lower lip :)


Let's look at THE FACE SHOP COLOR CARE COLLECTION MATTE LIPSTICK IN 301


The Color Care collection is the lip moisturizing line of TFS. It's probably one of the best products by TFS. Their Matte variants have good pigment, staying power and smells good (lavender- ish smelling). When I ran out of Russian Red, heaven sent me Color Care l/s in 301. Check out my reviews on Red Lipsticks in the Spend vs. Save entries.


MAC Ruby Woo was bought along with MAC velvet eyeshadow in Trax. It's my mom's. I'm just so amazed how it was "duped" by TFS that's why I made this review.


The slight difference is, MAC's matte l/s stays true to the texture that helps in making the color look stronger and more vibrant, while TFS's has a very very very very slight moist texture that makes it seem shiny at a closer glance. But don't you worry, it still looks matte from afar. 


If you're a Ruby Woo fan or a red l/s fan but on a budget, I suggest you get this lovely TFS Color Care l/s in 301. The texture of MAC might be nicer but there's almost no difference when it comes to the color



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion