Fashion

Saturday, July 10, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: AQUAPHOR HEALING OINTMENT

Here's an initial review on AQUAPHOR HEALING OINTMENT

PRICE: 350PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: FROM A RESIDENT DOCTOR OF INTELLICARE (MY HEALTH SERVICE PROVIDER)

OTHER LOCATIONS: DRUGSTORES (?)


THE VERDICT:

Last April, I've had severe chapped lips. I had this nasty habit of peeling off the skin when my lips are dry. It's equally satisfying and entertaining in a way that I can only appreciate. The chapping occurred for a week. I've applied petroleum jelly, lip balm, and every single lip remedy there is in my house, but the dryness persisted and stayed. And one day, the dry skin have developed blisters underneath, and it was so painful! I could barely drink or eat!

Then I've awaken to a bloody and super rough lip surface. It felt so painful. It felt as if someone threw a huge punch on my lips, which caused it to pop. I immediately went to see the doctor.

To cut the long story short, the dryness was caused by stress, pollution and sun exposure. I've had a wound on my lips and the continuous exposure to pollution and the sun caused an air- borne bacteria to find a breeding ground on my lip wound.Then the condition worsened.

I was laughing really hard when I've found out that the bacteria responsible for the infection is called HERPESPLEXIS. Nope, I don't have STD. It's a bacteria that causes dryness and infection on body parts with thin skin, especially the lips.

The only recommended topical medication is Aquaphor, which was sold to me by the doctor who checked my condition. Aquaphor is a healing ointment for severely dry skin, most especially the lips. I was advised to apply it before I eat or brush my teeth, then i have to drink antibiotics to combat the bacteria from within.

Aquaphor is made of a special petroleum base with lotsa' moisturizing and healing properties that are naturally found in the skin such as glycerin and collagen. It is unscented, glides easily, colorless, yet it feels kinda' heavy on the lips since it's meant to provide a barrier. But when applied thinly, it'll do the trick.

For 2 weeks, I've been using this. It indeed lessened the pain of the wound whenever I over stretch my lips when I smile, talk, or laugh. It's also effective because it provides a thick barrier that shields my lips from food, making me eat whatever I want when the wound is in the process of healing.

If you are the type who would always get windburns, severe dry lips, or cracked lips, i recommend Aquaphor. Whenever I would feel that my lips are peeling and drying, I slather some then leave it on my lips overnight. Then the next day, the peeling and drying are gone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion