Fashion

Sunday, July 4, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BEN NYE COLORLESS FACE POWDER

Here's an initial review on BEN NYE COLORLESS FACE POWDER

PRICE: AROUND 350+PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: FUNHOUSETHEATRICAL OF EBAY (THROUGH GIRLTALK PRE- ORDERING)
OTHER LOCATIONS: EBAY (INTERNATIONAL); DIRECT RESELLERS

THE VERDICT:

I've been dying to try Ben Nye because it's one of the most popular brands of professional make- up for film, theatre, and television in the U.S.A. It is the American counterpart of Europe's largest professional cosmetic company, Kryolan.

I got this from a pre- ordering pool via Girltalk. This, along with two more Ben Nye products came just in time before the pictorials of our play. And I did a road test of this product under harsh conditions (e.g. hot lights/lamps, profuse sweating, long hours of wearing make- up) to see how how effective this product is.

Let's review the product.

It reminded me of the good ol' baby powder bottles that makes me smile whenever I see mom pouring some of the white stuff on her hand after playing when I was a kid. It's new, and it's cute! The good thing about this is, it gives you the right amount of powder to use. But the bad thing is, the cover is so small, that you can't use it as a container for the amount of powder that you'll need. I pour some of it on a piece of tissue, then I use it.

Like all translucent powders, the texture of this one is starchy, yet fine. It disappears on your skin, leaving no trace of color that will affect the shade of your foundation.

And here's moi using the Ben Nye powder to set my make- up. Believe it or not, I've been sweating a lot, and the make- up stayed put! The powder did not cake nor streak!

It is unscented, which makes it perfect for those who don't like perfumed powders. And it also feels like feather when it settles on your skin. And it keeps you matte and fresh, because it's sweat- resistant.

And to those who are planning to use this everyday, I think that this can be used on a daily basis since it feels so lightweight when worn. And with a weather like ours, I'm sure that this will stand the heat and humidity!

It's amazing! I've found my HG face powder for professional use! I'm definitely getting one again! :)

**This translucent face powder comes in a travel- sized jar, this, and a tub, which is perfect for professional make- up artists.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion