Fashion

Thursday, July 8, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: AVON IDEAL SHADE PRESSED POWDER IN MEDIUM

Here's an initial review on AVON IDEAL SHADE PRESSED POWDER IN MEDIUM

PRICE: 365PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: AVON LADY (DIRECT SELLING)
OTHER LOCATIONS: AVON OUTLETS IN MALLS; AVON LADIES

THE VERDICT:

This face powder is given to me as a gift by my aunt for my 22nd birthday. And this came just in time because my Sephora powder is almost finished.

The Ideal Shade Powder Promise.

Let's now review the product.

Powder case is quite big, so expect it to require a good amount of space in your bag. But it's lightweight, so you don't have to worry that it might be too heavy. The packaging is quite classy, If I am going to compare it with the past packaging designs of Avon.

It comes with a puff, which I seldom use because I like applying my powder with a brush so that the powder is distributed evenly and will look more natural when blended.

Medium is a tan shade with a slight rose undertone. It is the darkest among the 3 shades offered by the brand. I thought that it might be a shade lighter than my skin tone. But since this fits almost any skin tone, this might just do the trick.

The powder is semi- chalky, yet it applies effortlessly with little fall out. It has no scent, and it leaves no trace of color, if applied lightly. But if you build it up, a hint of color may show on your skin.

As you can see, the shade matched the skin tone of my neck even if the shade seemed a bit light for my skin tone. The light reflexive and tone- adjusting properties of this powder did the trick.

Staying power is impressive. It did not cake nor streak during the day. And it also kept my face matte for 3 hours maximum. I love that it's at par with MAC and Sephora's staying power. But if you're looking for coverage, this one might not be your best bet. This powder is formulated to suit almost any dark skin tone so one trick to give that effect is to make the formulation semi- translucent.

Another important thing, I did not break- out nor experienced any allergic reaction to this product.

I'm impressed and I see myself buying this again. To be honest, Sephora's quite costly with the pre- ordering cost and all. And I use up my face powder in 1- 2 month's time so this proves to be a good alternative. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion