Fashion

Saturday, August 8, 2009

BEAUTY BATTLES: BATTLE OF THE FUSCHIA LIPSTICKS

For this edition of the beauty battles, let's look at FUSCHIA LIPSTICKS.



Fuschia lipsticks are gorgeous. The color intensifies and gives a sultry look on tanned beauties and it adds a dash of flirtatious fun look on fair skinned ladies. The color can go from avant- garde to wearable so in a convenient way, this color will work best in any occasion!


I HAVE TWO FUSCHIA LIPSTICKS IN MY MAKE- UP STASH:

MAC HEATHERETTE COLLECTION SATIN LIPSTICK IN HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS
MAKE UP FOR EVER LACQUERED LIPSTICK IN 203 (ORANGE FLUO PINK)

L-R: MUFE AND MAC

You may assume that the pigment pay- off of the MAC l/s is relatively better than MUFE. Well, in terms of pigmentation, both are head- on. I just lightly swatched the MUFE l/s so that's the reason why it appeared less pigmented than MAC. Don't fret. MUFE's products have very good pigment pay- off so you're sure to get the maximum color you're looking for in every MUFE item. 

L- R: MAC HEATHERETTE SATIN LIPSTICK IN HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS AND MAKE UP FOR EVER LACQUERED LIPSTICK IN 203 (ORANGE FLUO PINK)



This is MAC's Heatherette Lipstick in Hollywood Nights. This is described as a clean fuschia pink shade. It's obviously neon with a hint of orange under tone so the color became very vibrant. I bought this from a direct seller and it costed me 1000php.
It's in a satin variant and this glides on easily and is non- drying, unlike Matte variants. Staying power is relatively good. I think this color will flatter any skintone because IMO, Fuschia is a universal color that will look good on almost everyone. 

I bought this because I thought it would be the perfect dupe for my MUFE l/s since my MUFE l/s is slowly being used up. I was planning to get Nars' lipstick in Funny Face but I'm having second thoughts on it since all the swatches looked light. I was planning to check Nars' Funny Face tomorrow but God brought me and this Heatherette lipstick together  because I accidentally dropped by a multiply site that sells MAC items last night.


This lipstick is my MUFE Lacquered Lipstick in 203 (Orange Fluo Pink). It's a neon pink shade with an orange undertone. This smells so good and is non- drying as well. It's semi- matte and the staying power is impressive, though it might take time for you to completely remove all traces of the fuschia color on your lips. This is priced at 1150php.


As compared to MAC, MUFE's l/s has a violet undertone so it appears just a tad bit darker than MAC. But I assure you, Hollywood Nights is 98% the same as 203. Both have excellent pigmentation and both products have good staying power so whichever appeals to you will prove to be a good buy. Regarding the price, both are equally expensive.


So what's my verdict? While the MUFE lipstick is expensive, the Heatherette Lipstick is out of stock so there's no choice but to opt for the MUFE l/s. I would repurchase Heatherette if this were only available here. MUFE is a great buy but MAC's packaging is such an eye candy. But in terms of lipstick color and quality, both are great. If you're in the USA, you could go to CCO outlets and find yourself one but for Philippine residents like me, "pabili" is an option so good luck paying the exorbitant shipping fee. Apart from that, there's a chance that you can't find Hollywood Nights anymore because some claim that this is already out of stock, even in some CCOs. :D I bought my MUFE 2 years ago in The Fort High Street MUFE Boutique but unfortunately, MUFE is not stocking on lipsticks because the lipsticks will be repackaged and they don't have any news yet on when the new design will be released. So we have to wait for the new lipstick line to arrive. But if MUFE's new l/s line comes out, I'm pretty sure this color will be available for us again. Make sure to grab one because 203 goes out of stock most of the time. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion