Fashion

Monday, August 3, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HENRI CALAYAG SIGNATURE BRUSH SET

Here's an in- depth review of the HENRI CALAYAG BRUSH SET.



PLACE BOUGHT: 

HENRI CALAYAG SALON, GREENBELT RESIDENCES, MAKATI CITY (BESIDE NEW WORLD HOTEL)


OTHER LOCATION/S: 

RELIGIOSO BOUTIQUE, GREENBELT 5 MALL, GREENBELT, MAKATI CITY


PRICE: 

1995PHP



It's the signature brush set by Henri Calayag. It comes in a lightweight and semi- shiny black pouch. Inside, there's a small compartment for a few cosmetic items and there are 9 travel- size brushes for the face and eyes. It's one thing I love about this set. It's so light so you wouldn't have to worry about adding weight to your bag. It's also sleek so it could fit almost anywhere in your bag, without consuming too much space.




BRUSH NUMBERS AND DESCRIPTION (LOCATED AT THE BACK OF THE FLAP)


002- EYEBROW BRUSH

003- LIP BRUSH

004- EYELINER/ LIPLINER BRUSH DUO

005- PENCIL POINT BRUSH

006- EYESHADOW BRUSH

007- CONCEALER BRUSH

008- FOUNDATION BRUSH

009 POWDER BRUSH


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:

*001- BENT LINER BRUSH


*PURCHASED SEPARATELY


HENRI CALAYAG SIGNATURE BRUSH 9 PC. BRUSH SET

FACE BRUSHES (TOP TO BOTTOM):
CONCEALER BRUSH, POWDER BRUSH, FOUNDATION BRUSH

EYE BRUSHES (TOP TO BOTTOM):
BLENDER BRUSH, SLANTED EYEBROW BRUSH, CONCEALER BRUSH

OTHER BRUSHES (TOP TO BOTTOM):
DOUBLE- ENDED BRUSH (LIP/ EYE LINER BRUSH), BENT EYE LINER BRUSH, PENCIL POINT BRUSH


I was able to purchase the bent liner brush along with the set. Maybe the reason why it can be purchased separately is because it can be sold individually, without having to buy the whole set. The double- ended brush (lipliner and eyeliner brush) is convenient but honestly, I don't see the need for it. I'd rather have a blush brush thankyouverymuch!



It has a wooden handle, with the Henri Calayag logo, brush number (for identification purposes) and the brush ferrule is metal that's painted black. The brush handle doesn't feel heavy at all, which makes this a perfect brush set that you can bring in your bag everyday for a flawless make- up application.

The handles are just right to the grip, which is important in giving you a good grasp of the brush so you'll be able to execute your make- up application with ease.


The hair is made of synthetic fiber, much like the Ellana brush set. The quality of the synthetic bristles are very good because it's almost like real animal hair. It's uber soft and not scratchy at all. One thing that I don't like is that, per brush is not packed with hair that much so some might find the brush size quite thin or small for blending and dispensing. But don't worry, the excellent texture of the hair will help you do blending with ease.


I did the tug test for the brushes to check if the hair is secured nicely in every ferrule. I'm very happy to know that I wasn't able to tug a single hair, which means every hair is secured tightly inside the ferrule.


Closer look at the bigger brushes

Check that the bristles were able to pick up a good amount of powder. Dispensing is relatively good, though it might take time for you to dispense powder on your face because of the thin brush head.



THE VERDICT:


Honestly, the reason why I bought this is because I was in dire need of a travel brush because my Suesh brush set is too big and heavy for everyday. A travel brush set is really on my list but I end up spending the alloted budget on something else. I had the money now so I decided to invest on a set. Honestly, I find this too expensive for a brush set. I could've gone for a Charm Travel set, which is a tad bit cheaper than this Henri Calayag set. But to be fair with this product, it looks really exquisite and quite sophisticated for a travel brush set. That would somehow be a valid reason to shell out 1995php for this brush set. Another thing, I don't see the need for the double- ended brush since it already has a separate eye and lip liner brush. I wish they replace it with a blush brush, which is a common bummer for travel brush sets, they all don't have blush brushes. 


Some might assume that Henri Calayag's brush set is a travel brush set. No, this is not a travel brush set. This is a regular- sized brush set of the Henri Calayag line, which are only in travel- sized proportions. Since I already have a Suesh 16 pc. professional brush set, which is too big and long for everyday, I decided to get small brushes for everyday. 


Lastly, there are too many make- up brushes. I could do with a 5 pc. brush set. A powder brush, blush brush, lipliner brush, eyeshadow brush and an eyeliner brush. Suesh offers a travel brush set at 900php, which made me realize now that I should've gone for it. But Henri Calayag is a good buy. If you just want to buy a brush set for your make- up collection, that aren't too big, this will do you good. But gaaaad, I still find it too expensive. But if you're looking for a travel- sized brush set, I suggest you try Suesh or Charm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion