Fashion

Sunday, August 2, 2009

RESTAURANT HOPPING: LA MAISON


My mom, big bro and I ate in La Maison in Greenbelt 5 after hearing mass. It is a fine dining restaurant at the second fl. of gb5. We sat near the window and was glad because we're having a good view of the greenbelt area. We're very famished so we ordered quite a lot. Here's a list of what we ordered:


MOM:

APPLE AND TUNA SALAD


BIG BRO:

FILET MIGNON 250GMS WITH LA MAISON RICE

OYSTER PLATE

ICED TEA


MOI:

FILET MIGNON 250GMS WITH MIXED VEGETABLES

WILD SHITAKE MUSHROOM SOUP


THE VERDICT:

I love steak and was glad because I was able to enjoy my steak meal. It was juicy, yummy and easy to chew. The vegetables were also good and I love the fried potato shoestrings that served as a base for the slab of meat. The only thing that didn't seem right were my asparagus sticks. In the menu, it stated that it will come with bacon strips but when my order came, It was only plain asparagus that served as a garnish atop the steak. But it didn't bother me that much since I'm on a diet and bacon is not part of my diet. If there's one thing worth trying here, it's the Wild Shitake Mushroom Soup. It's cream- based, has a dash of cayenne and topped with croutons. The serving is quite big so one bowl can serve 1- 2 persons. I love that it's loaded with shitake mushrooms! (self- confessed fungi lover :D) 


Place- wise, I like the overall lighting and design of the place. Not too bright, not too dark. The interior is classic, dominated with warm colors such as white, black, brown and dark red. I also appreciate ambiance music but I really hate it when the song that's currently playing has lyrics, which I think is not kinda' right for a fine dining resto. I'd rather have classical or instrumental of popular oldies but goodies songs playing in the background. Worst part is, it's pop- ish and the song is like a christian song of some sort. And another bummer, the volume is kinda' loud. 


Price range: 180- 1500php


I have to admit that this is really and expensive restaurant (and it's a fine dining resto). I'd like to conclude that it's a must- try, but not something to rave about. I wouldn't mind not being able to eat here for 2- 3 mos. Their food is really good, but not stellar. I could settle for Burgoo, which is a cheaper place for steak and grilled food. But hey, if they lower their prices, why not? :D




ARE YOU READY TO GET HUNGRY? THEN SCROLL DOWN.... :P

FREE GARLIC BREAD! :D

WILD SHITAKE SOUP (MUST- TRY)

ICED TEA! :P

APPLE AND TUNA SALAD


OYSTER PLATE

MY STEAK MEAL! :D

OOHH...CAN'T WAIT TO FINISH EVERYTHING! :D



TTFN! (TATA FOR NOW!)
- TIGGER

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion