Fashion

Saturday, August 8, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: L'OREAL ELSEVE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER

When the L'oreal Elseve line hit the local Hair Industry, I instantly grabbed a bottle because they have this Color Care line that promises to prolong hair color, and make it more vibrant even after a long time. You could pretty much assume that I got a hair dye when I purchased a shampoo and a conditioner. Well, you're right. I dyed my hair jet black and I seriously wanted to save money by prolonging my hair color. Honestly, dye retouching is kinda' costly ya know!

Okay, I've been using the shampoo for 2 years now. I've moved back and forth from the Ceramide Technology shampoo and the Color Care line, both from L'oreal Elseve respectively. I must say the Elseve line truly works wonders. The Ceramide line promises stronger hair by covering each strand with a cement ceramide, a new shampoo innovation, that protects it from everyday wash and wear, whilst making it silky soft and smooth. I love how it made my hair tangle- free and smooth every single day. And every time I'll get a new hair dye, I'll always go back to the color care line.

They introduced this pink Elseve line (which name I forgot) around 2008 but I was never interested because I'm already satisfied with my L'oreal Ceramide Line.


Around summer of 2009, L'oreal's Royal Jelly Line was introduced. It promised bouncier, silkier and healthier hair. FYI, My hair's kinda' limp and the strands are thin, and uber straight. I love how silky, soft and smooth it is but I could wish for some volume for it to bounce a bit.

What brought me to trying this line? I got a magazine sample of the Royal Jelly Hair mask and it promised volume and nutrition right after washing your hair. Of course, you have to dry it first before seeing the exact results. :D

It didn't disappoint me. Right after my hair was dry, my hair felt bouncier and the strands felt a bit thicker, which goes to show that the Royal Jelly line fortifies your hair with nutrients from the Royal Jelly complex. In short, the Royal Jelly Line is like "Hair Food".

I'm using the Royal Jelly Shampoo and the Ceramide Conditioner from L'oreal Elseve. For everyday, I need some volume and something that would still shield my hair from bad elements so getting the two products might prove to be a good experimentation. And boy oh boy, these two didn't fail my expectations. :D



For the price, the biggest bottle of a L'oreal Elseve shampoo is around 295php and the conditioner is at 190- 200 (?). But don't fret, the consistency of the shampoo is thick, and it really does create a lot of suds so a small amount during every shower will do you justice. I have long hair so the biggest bottle and conditioner lasts at around 3 weeks on me.

Another best thing about this product, I didn't develop dandruff since my first day of use. I have a sensitive scalp. But finally, I found a "hiyang" shampoo for my hair and scalp. Also, all the products smell so good, ala- salon shampoo, so you'll feel as if you've been to a salon for shampoo and blow- dry right after every shower! :D


If there's one con of this product, it's too expensive. But other than that, I can't think of anything else! :D



HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS? WHAT ARE YOUR ALL- TIME FAVORITE SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS? :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion