Fashion

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BOBBI BROWN NO SMUDGE MASCARA

Here's an initial review on BOBBI BROWN NO SMUDGE MASCARA.


PRICE: 1200PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: BOBBI BROWN, RUSTANS MALL, MAKATI CITY


I have no clear idea if it volumizes, curls or lengthens but I'm pretty sure that the reason why I bought this is because the lovely Dennis (BB SA) told me that this is guaranteed to last me the whole day without running or smudging unless I put oil on it.


Since mascara is a staple item in my stash, I'm always on the look out for the best mascara in town. So far, Chanel, Lancome and Maybelline are the top brands to beat for me in terms of mascara formulation. I haven't tried any BB mascaras so when it promised optimum staying power, I purchased this. If there's one thing I hate in a mascara, it's the running and smudging, which gives you a pretty good guess why I was inclined to purchasing this.


Okay, the tube is pretty small, which gives this a 3 out of 5 because it's too expensive for 1200php. The brush wand and bristles are in an old style. The consistency of the mascara is semi- thick and glossy.


I applied this at around 3:00 p.m. and now, it's 1:14 p.m. As for the staying power, it is quite impressive because i don't see any mascara smudges on my lids and on my under eyes, which is always the case for me, no matter how waterproof a mascara is because i have oily lids and watery eyes. This became a winner for me because it lived up to its promise.


So here's my experience in the lash treatment. So far, it didn't volumize my lashes that much, as you can see in the pic. It is actually lengthened so I assume that this particular brand lengthens lashes. It's quite decent, though I'd totally fall in love with this if it volumizes my lashes. I also noticed that it has a tendency to clump if you apply too much of it, which is the case here. A sparing application and light strokes can give you a natural look if you're gonna use this one.



So, am i gonna repurchase? No. I'll just add an extra 300 bucks for another tube of Chanel inmitable or Lancome virtuose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion