Fashion

Sunday, August 9, 2009

MY EARRINGS FIXATION :D

WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY


I can't leave the house without any earrings on me. It's the ultimate finisher in my everyday style. Ever since I was a kid, I've been fond of collecting earrings. In fact, I even went crazy over the "Sticker Earrings" sold in our local school supplies store or in any sari- sari stores.


My love for earrings grew fonder over the years. It was then when I started to ask from my mom her gold studs and hoops. I'd wear them to school because since we have a no make- up rule, I'd always keep my face funky and made- up through the help of earrings.


As I grew older, until now, I started to collect unique kinds of earrings, not to mention, expensive ones. I've never been fond of wearing gold earrings anymore because i have the tendency to lose a piece of the pair. And besides, they get kind of boring. :D


I love earrings so much that it's probably the accessory that I would spend a lot on. I'm very fond of nice earrings and would spend 400php+ and above for a pair. That is of course, if the pair is really nice.


I actually have two accessories organizer filled with earrings and some accessories of my mom. I've lost lots of good pairs :( so I'm not able to include 'em in this entry. But here are some of the few earrings that I always use every single day.



These bubblegum drop earrings were freebies from Tomato. It's a cute dash of color whenever you feel like dressing down. They look plainly cute on almost anyone.


This unique pair was purchased in a bazaar in Eastwood mall 3 years ago. This costed me 150php.



This pair of diamond stud earrings were given as a high school graduation gift by my mom along with a white gold name tag necklace. This is made of 18k gold with mini diamond studs. This costed her around 18kphp++



This is a staple in every girl's accessory box. It's a pair of pearl earrings. This has always been associated with femininity and beauty ever since. And apart from that, this is also my birthstone. I love how the milky texture makes pearls stand out among the rest. Btw, this pair is from Mikimoto, the world's leading distributor of pearls. :D



This pair of studded hoops were bought in Lasema Bldg., Malugay, Makati. This costs around 600php+.


This gorgeous pair of dangling earrings is from Firma, Greenbelt 3. This costed me 500+php.


This is one of my favorites. This pair of funky earrings were bought in Korea by my mom. Every single person who sees this would always compliment how it looks, while some would try to buy it off my ear. It's made of silver and cubic zirconia stones. It's around 1000+php. 



This pair is bought from a tiangge along the AS walk in Palma hall UP Diliman. I wonder why the stalls were removed already? Even the used books stalls were removed! :/. Anyhoo, this pair costs 50php only! And it looks as if it costs 300 bucks! Gorgeous and very vintage ain't it? :D


The blue and red earring pairs are made of copper wire. These copper wire earrings were made by a friend, named Sid, who majored in Fashion Design in CSB. He has given these to me as a gift. He makes a living out of copper wire accessories and I tell you, he has the craziest yet gorgeous designs ever! The first one has a red bead in the middle, and the blue, white and black beaded earrings is shaped as a flower. Sorry, it has been with me for already 5 years so it has lost it's shape over the years. Hmm...I wonder where he is now. He might be making tons of moolah already!



This pair is bought in Singapore by mom. It's a fan- style pair of earrings intricately woven together. This costed her 15SGD (approx. 495php)


This is from Tibet. A friend of my mom who sells semi- precious stoned accessories traveled to Tibet to import DZI beads to the Philippines. She would always bring accessories for my mom  whenever they'll meet, whether it's personally made by her, or bought someplace else. The earrings were bought in a market in Tibet and the seller said that the stone is made of amber, and it will attract good luck and good health. Mom gave it to me since she never liked wearing dangling earrings. Ah, I'd love to visit Tibet one day. I'm gonna have a culture overload. :D



This is a pair from a stall named Koket in the Archaeology section, powerplant mall. It's a celtic- inspired hoop. I love the wonderful silver finish and the nice swirl design. It really stands out if you wear this and it really flatters any skin tone. This costed me around 360+php



This is a hand-me-down. This is a 24k gold tambourine earrings from my great grandma. FYI, Tambourine earrings were a fad during the 20's because of the intricate details were paid much attention to in terms of style during that era. I'm the 3rd generation to handle this earring. I seriously love this and this instantly gives a vintage vibe on your look. This also glamorizes a plain shirt and shorts outfit.




So that's it for my earrings collection. How about you guys? What kinds of accessories are you fond of wearing and collecting? :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion