Fashion

Saturday, January 9, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ANNA SUI ROUGE M LIPSTICK IN 350

 Here’s an initial review on ANNA SUI ROUGE M LIPSTICK IN 350

 PRICE: 34SGD

PLACE BOUGHT: WISMA ASTRIA, SINGAPORE

OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE; STRAWBERRY.NET  

SITE DESCRIPTION (ANNA SUI HK WEBSITE):
Create soft and elastic half-matte lips filled with pureness, prominence and freshness.   

THE VERDICT:

When I first saw the Anna Sui in Wisma Astria in my first visit in Singapore, I saw Anna Sui and fell in love with the counter right away. It’s a standout amongst the common girly themed make- up counters. It’s dominantly black and violet. It’s like a mystical fairy’s dresser! I immediately went to it and purchased my first- ever Anna Sui product, which is a loose powder. Too bad it didn’t work well on me.

If there’s one thing that I like about Anna Sui, it’s their packaging. Black with the lovely Victorian roses and details, which is their iconic design. I never knew plastic can look so good! I also have a penchant for flowers because it makes a room look pretty and it instantly perks up a boring table or dresser. I like roses in particular. That’s why hubby will always give me roses on extra special occasions. And I also love rose- scented linen and room sprays, and even perfumes (particularly TBS’s Morrocan Rose and L'Occitane Rose Verbena).

And apart from the lovely rose detailed packaging, all the products are rose- scented too! And that makes me love Anna Sui stuff so much.

Anna Sui’s Rouge M lipstick is in the matte variant. It comes in different variants:

AS Rouge G- Glossy (ultra glossy shades with luster color pay- off)

AS Rouge S- Shimmer (velvet lipsticks with shimmer)

AS Rouge M- Matte (velvet satiny, matte lipsticks)

AS Rouge V- Velvet (Rich, creamy, pigmented lippies)  

This is actually the new AS lippie packaging. It’s quite pretty, but I find the old packaging better. It exudes the theme and feel of Anna Sui: mystery and seduction. Here’s a pic of the old packaging below:  

Fabulous, eh?

New Anna Sui Packaging (Oh please, stop evolving here!)

But I still love the rose design on top of the lipstick cover anyway.  

I like the inscription of the brand name on the tube.

Here’s a swatch of the product on my skin. 350 looks neon pink in the tube but it is definitely wearable. There’s a bit of warmness on the color, so this isn’t definitely plain pink. But at the same time, there’s a bit of brightness on the color, so it’s not definitely plain rose. So I think that it’s a bright rose color. 

Here’s the lipstick on my lips. The texture is like velvet wax. It can be compared to the texture of NYX Round Lipsticks, but AS lippies feel more lightweight on the lips. The pigmentation is good, though it will take you a few swipes to make the color appear on your lips. But what I like about it is that, the coverage is completely controllable. 

And here is moi wearing the lipstick. In terms of staying power, it stays on and will last you for a good three hours with drinking, smoking or eating. I also love the rose scent! If you don’t like scented or rose- scented lippies in particular, then this may not be good for you. But in my opinion, the scent is just light, not overpowering. It doesn’t make me feel light- headed at all.

I’d love to buy more Anna Sui lippies but I have to see ‘em in actual. But for now, I’m currently enjoying my 350!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion