Fashion

Saturday, January 9, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ILLAMASQUA LIPSTICK IN BRINK

Here's an initial review on ILLAMASQUA LIPSTICK IN BRINK

PRICE: $20 (BUT I PAID 1247PHP INCLUDING THE MISCELLANEOUS FEES)
PLACE BOUGHT: SEPHORA PRE- ORDERING POOL IN GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE

THE VERDICT:

I finally got my Sephora pre- order courtesy of shally (blue-purple of girltalk). She's such an honest, responsible and great seller. Thanks Sis!

The reason why I got this is because I'm completely disappointed with MAC Crosswires. I saw the swatch of Crosswires in Temptalia's blog and fell in love with the shade. It appeared like a pale orange lippie on her. And when I got it, it's a pink orange lippie that's definitely NOT how I saw it.

So I took a chance on Brink because I saw the lovely swatch on a model in Illamasqua's official blog (Check my Daily Dose for the link to the blog). It's the color that I'm exactly looking for. So to no avail, I placed an order.

As always, UK's cult cosmetic favorite has won my heart! Packaging is soo unique and classy. And the color pay- off are so true to the lipstick color in the tube.

Brink is described in the Sephora website as a matte warm coral pink lippie. I beg to disagree.
Sephora's description is very inaccurate! This has no pink undertone at all. It's simple a pale orange lipstick.

Here's the color on my lips. It's matte, just like my climax. Although there's a bit of problem here. It has the tendency to streak if I press my lips together, which I didn't encounter with my Climax. But I solved the problem by letting this settle first before pressing my lips together. :)

Brink has the tendency to be bright and bold if you layer the color. And if you're game to sport a unique lip, then Brink is perfect. It stands out without looking too odd or flashy. I'd choose this over fuschia lippies if I want to have a standout lip.

Sorry for the bed face. I got the package right after waking up. Talk about waking up on the right side of the bed. :)

Can I just say that the color is absolutely unique? It's such a wonderful pale orange lippie. Perfect! Just how I pictured and expected it to be. :)

Will I buy more Illamasqua lippies. A resounding yes! But I have to empty at least 5 tubes of lipstick before I buy more. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion