Fashion

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: SMITH'S ROSEBUD SALVE

Here's an initial review on SMITH'S ROSEBUD SALVE

PRICE: 150PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE

THE VERDICT:

Okay, so this is the well- loved salve of beauty addicts and afficionados. It is a very effective balm for moisturizing hands, healing chapped lips and just basically an over- all reliever for rashes and minor skin itches and burns.

The moment I got this, I knew that I will fall in love with this product. I'm so happy that I got this at a very cheap price of 150php, considering that the previous owner just scraped the top a bit.

I have a small crack on my lips, which can be due to windburn or it's just one of those days where my lips are shedding.

I applied this on my lips last night and when I woke up, the nasty crack was almost healing! YAY! This truly is a wonderful product. It amused me because even the drugstore petrolatum hasn't done this quick healing to my cracked and chapped lips!

I've also used this to soothe my "paltos" (minor shoe- inflicted bruises) which I got from using and getting used to my new dancing shoes. And after an hour, the "paltos" was gone!

When I opened the can, a lovely rose scent emanated from the petrolatum- based product. The petroleum consistency here is quite soft and almost liquid- ish, which unusual when compared to drugstore petrolatum. Maybe that's the reason why the label says that it's a special petroleum base.

Will I buy this again? Of course! If I run out of Rosebud Salve, I will definitely repurchase. Actually, I'm planning to get a back- up. But this product will last me because a little goes a long way, and I'm afraid that my back- up's quality might deteriorate if I store it for a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion