Fashion

Saturday, January 9, 2010

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GUERLAIN TERRACOTA LIGHT BRONZER IN BRUNETTE 02

Here's an initial review on GUERLAIN TERRACOTTA LIGHT BRONZER IN 02 BRUNETTE.

PRICE: GOT THIS FROM A SWAP (APPROX. 2300PHP+)
PLACE BOUGHT: MAKEUPSWAPPH.PROBOARDS.COM
OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS BOUTIQUES

THE VERDICT:

I got this from a swap with Shai of makeupswapph.proboards.com. She only asked for an ELF Studio Line Blush. So to speak, I got this at the price of an ELF blush! Isn't that a great deal?

I'm not really partial to bronzers because I'm quite dark so bronzers would only come handy for me during summer. 

But this powder is quite different. It's sheer and light, so I think this will work well as a blush for me. For lighter skinned people, this will do as a bronzer but since this is sheer yet buildable, you can decide whether you'll use it as a blush or a bronzer.

Brunette 02 is the medium shade of the terracotta bronzer line. It gives off a beige- peach shade with hint of gold shimmer.

Let's go to the actual product. First, let's look at the packaging. I think if you buy a brand new one, it comes with a black suede pouch. Since this is second- hand, unfortunately, the pouch (if ever there is) and the box didn't come along with it anymore.

And the gold Guerlain insignia in front looks very sophisticated.

The compact has a bit of weight, but it's not bothersome at all.

In terms of texture, this is velvety- smooth. It smells like perfume, which is a characteristic of Guerlain products. But it's so light, unlike the scent of Guerlain meteorites.

In terms of staying power, it does hold up pretty well because I had to retouch only once during the day.

The first time I swatched Guerlain, the shade of Nars' Luster instantly popped in my head. So could Brunette be a dupe for the always sold out Nars Luster?

Check the shade comparison below:

UPPER FINGER: GUERLAIN LOWER FINGER: NARS

Can you tell the difference? I think the difference is, Guerlain is more sheer than the latter. But since Guerlain is buildable, you can achieve the same effect and color intensity of Nars Lustre!

UP: LUSTRE BELOW: BRUNETTE

I therefore conclude that Brunette is 98% dupe of Nars Luster, the best- selling and always sold- out blush shade of Nars!


*FOR GREAT SWAPPING DEALS, VISIT HTTP://MAKEUPSWAPPH.PROBOARDS.COM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion